We like kielbasa off the grill, but here is a easy recipe to change it up for your guests!
- 2 - 3lbs of Kielbasa, sliced into 1" pieces
- 2 - 16oz bags of sauerkraut, drained
- T. vegetable oil
- T. unsalted butter
- 1/2 C. brown sugar
- 1 can sprite
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
Directions for Cooking Keilbaba
- In a deep pan or sauce pot, add oil, butter, onion, and garlic. Cook 5 minutes on high heat, reduce to low. Add sprite, brown sugar, dissolve sugar, add sauerkraut and simmer for 2 hours.
- Now, you can add kielbasa in at this point, or you can add it 40 minutes prior to serving. We tend to like our kielbasa with a snap to it when you bite in, but if you cook it longer, you get a softer texture. It's up to you!! You can let your sauerkraut simmer for as long as you want, it only gets better with time.